"I wanna hang a map of the world at my house. Then I wanna stick pins in the locations that I`ve traveled to.
...But first I have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won`t fall down."
-Mitch Hedberg

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Whangarei Falls

After the caves we went “chasing waterfalls” at Whangarei Falls (again, the "Wh" is pronounced as an "F"). Carolyn started humming TLC and I can’t get it out of my head. Thanks, Care.

The 25m high falls is definitely worth the forty minute nature walk through Kauri forests and over canopy bridges that lead to its icy pool. We even prepared for our bone chilling swim at the base of the falls with a quick rope swing session at a watering hole along the way, courtesy of a few friendly Kiwis enjoying a swim.
It was a relaxing day, a refreshing swim, and a great chance to get out of the van and explore. I’m glad we didn’t just fuel up and head north - that whole "it's the journey not the destination" thing, blah blah blah.

My only regret about Whangarei is that we didn’t see Avatar. I hear that movie is awesome.

Now you won't be able to get it out of your head either...

No comments:

Post a Comment